TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Wow, this thread.
People Seeking Info

Subject Wow, this thread.

Posted by Stadsport (Nick@CZP) on July 14, 2014 at 2:13 PM
  This message has been viewed 568 times.

In Reply To Vendor posted by lbw46 on July 14, 2014 at 08:40 AM

Message A few things I want to point out.

First, yes, Coz sold counterfeit 300 Degree rails in early 2009. 300D sent him a C&D letter, and Coz posted up about it on the forums here coming clean. For what it's worth, saying "he only came clean after lawyers got involved" is a little misleading. Other than removing CZP as a forum sponsor (which happened at the same time), that's the only step that was taken, and Coz acted right away. He posted up online, then sent everyone he knew of a replacement set of genuine rails, along with a return label, and a $50 gift card with several of them, and continued to send replacements even months after. Ironically, some sold the old rails showed up on eBay instead of being returned to CZP...

Coz knows he messed up bad with the 300D thing, and he continues to regret it. But it was an isolated incident, and he's done everything he can to make good on it. In fact, we received a set someone came across a few months ago (keep in mind, this is 5 years later), and we still sent them a replacement set of genuine 300 Degree rails, completely free of charge. It wasn't even a repeat customer of ours.

This talk about counterfeit Nismo injectors and such is FUD. Anyone who ordered Nismo injectors from us received Nismo injectors. I have no idea who this case of someone asking for the "best" injector and getting redrills is, it's never been brought to our attention, but it's also entirely possible that someone asked for the cheapest or "best deal" or something. We've never pushed any redrilled injector as the "best," just as cheaper alternatives. Everyone knows the Nismo 740 is the gold standard for these cars.

Anyway, I know I can't change the opinions of people who have already made up their minds, but I don't like seeing people spreading lies/rumors... I've known Coz for years, and I'm very proud of where I work. I've personally poured countless hours into this community, between the wiki, making writeups, guides, diagrams, and doing independent research, so when I see people here say things like "Patronage of vendors like this will continue to be the demise of this platform. If you care about the Z32 platform, you really should look to vendors that are actually trying to progress and promote not lie, cheat and steal.", it hurts. I take it personally when people here bash CZP, because Coz and I both try really hard, every day, to make CZP the best at what we do.

That is all.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.